Best of Uganda
• Bwindi Impenetrable Forest • Queen Elizabeth National Park • Gorilla Trekking
Gorillas, Chimpanzees & Wildlife! Uganda is known as the "Pearl of Africa" and we can see why! This safari combines the once in a lifetime opportunity of tracking mountain gorillas with chimp tracking in the Chamburu Gorge plus game viewing and bird watching in Queen Elizabeth National Park, including tree climbing lions. Travel in a small group to maximise your itinerary in a cost effective way.
(Private departures are available on request).
Day 1: Entebbe On arrival in Entebbe you will be met by your local representative and transferred to your accommodation. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Entebbe > Bwindi Transfer to the local airport for your flight to Bwindi (approx. 1.5 hours), which is your base from where you will trek to visit the elusive mountain gorillas. On arrival, transfer to your accommodation (approx. 2 hours by road). Partake in an optional forest walk or cultural visit this afternoon.
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking Enjoy gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking Enjoy an optional forest walk or a community walk. A second gorilla trek opportunity is also available, but most be pre booked.
Day 5: Ishasha Drive to Ishasha (approximately 2-3 hours), visiting the Ishasha Community Project en-route (optional). Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure in your wilderness camp.
Day 6: Ishasha Spend today game viewing in the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Day 7: Kazinga Enjoy a morning game drive in the national park followed by a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. Continue to your second wilderness camp for your overnight stay.
Day 8: Chamburu > Entebbe Start your day with an early morning chimpanzee trek at Chamburu before your return flight to Entebbe. On arrival you will be met at the airstrip and transferred to the airport or to a hotel for an overnight stay (additional cost).
Depending on the time of your departure flight you may need to overnight in Entebbe at additional cost.
• Small group tour with expert game rangers and local guides • Personal meet and greet on arrival • Transfers and transportation • Scheduled flight transfers • Park entry fees (excluding tracking permits) • Sightseeing and activities • 7 nights accommodation • 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Pricing (per person) $NZD
8, 15, 25 Jan
9, 24 Feb
12, 27 Mar
11, 20 Jun
7, 16, 30 Jul
6, 16, 27 Aug
6, 17, 24 Sep
15, 27 Oct
18, 27 Nov
8, 15, 25 Jan
Booking conditions • A minimum of 2 people is required for the tour to operate.
• Permit price is per trek, per person and must be prepaid upon reservation to secure permits.
• A minimum of 2 people is required for the tour to operate. • Permit price is per trek, per person and must be prepaid upon reservation to secure permits.
Not included • Gorilla Trek fees are additional, non-refundable and subject to change - US$700 per trek.
• Chimp trek permit costs US$50 per trek, subject to change.
• Gorilla Trek fees are additional, non-refundable and subject to change - US$700 per trek. • Chimp trek permit costs US$50 per trek, subject to change.
Book by 30 June 2021 to save on tracking fees!
Booking by 30 June 2021 and save US$300 on a gorilla tracking permit, and US$50 on a chimpanzee tracking permit. Offer applies to new bookings only, and is subject to availability.