Polar Bear Migration Fly-In Safari
• Observe polar bears up close from our Polar Bear Cabins. • Experience a remote and fascinating tundra environment with some of the world's best polar bear viewing. • Short walks over frozen tundra with seasoned Inuit guides who will get you as close to polar bears as possible for unforgettable viewing and photographs. • Enjoy the magical Northern Lights at night. • A private charter flight over the tundra "“ perfect for aerial photography.
Safely see polar bears up-close on this exclusive viewing and photography experience. This safari is specially designed to get you as close to one of the world's most magnificent predators in their natural habitat, offering travelers, and hobby and professional photographers a rare opportunity to safely observe and photograph polar bears at ground level, behind an unobtrusive electric fence. Located in "polar bear alley", the Polar Bear Cabins site is situated directly in the path of polar bears as they search for the first sea ice forming on the bay. The spectacular environment of remote Arctic tundra is sure to leave an unforgettable impression and memories to last a lifetime.
Travel north of Churchill, MB to "polar bear alley". Spend five days in our remote and rustic Polar Bear Cabins in the heart of polar bear country. Capture incredible photography of diverse wildlife including polar bears, Willow Ptarmigan, Arctic foxes, martens, Snowy Owls, Gryfalcons and wolverines.
Day 1: Winnipeg Arrive Winnipeg. Spend the night in a boutique hotel across from the Winnipeg airport
Day 2: Winnipeg > Churchill Fly from Winnipeg to Churchill, Manitoba. On arrival, transfer to a private charter aircraft waiting to whisk you away to our Polar Bear Cabins. During the 45-50 minute flight along the west coast of Hudson Bay aerial landscape photography maybe possible. A lucky few may even get a chance to view and photograph Arctic wildlife from above. Our Polar Bear Cabins are strategically placed in "polar bear alley" for reliable polar bear encounters.
Days 3-6: Churchill Spend these days observing polar bears and other Arctic wildlife including; Arctic hare, Arctic fox, pine martens, Willow Ptarmigan, Snowy Owls, Gyrfalcons and possibly even wolverines in the wild, and admiring stunning natural landscapes and sunsets.
Set your tripod up inside the protective, unobtrusive electric fence that surrounds the camp. In the company of local guides and staff, wait for the perfect close-up of the polar bears that wander by.
Safely led by our Inuit guides, head out on short walks outside the perimeter of the camp fence. Often polar bears are friendly, in good spirits, and disinterested in humans. From time to time, there will be a curious polar bear who approaches us. Our local Inuit guides have lived among polar bears for generations and know their behaviour well. Following their guidance provides the most authentic and intimate polar bear moments available, and ultimately ensures the safety of our guests and polar bears. Each evening after sunset await the unforgettable display of the Northern Lights "“ conditions permitting.
Day 7: Churchill > Winnipeg Capture a few last shots in the morning before flying back to Churchill on the charter flight. Transfer planes in Churchill for the flight to Winnipeg. Spend the night in the Winnipeg hotel near the airport.
Day 8: Winnipeg Depart for home.
Please note: The above itinerary is intended to be representative only as weather and wildlife conditions play a large role in dictating our daily movements and activities. It is important to have a spirit of flexibility when travelling to any Arctic location.
Accommodation - Polar Bear Cabins Rustic, remote and accessible by air, our Polar Bear Cabins rest on the western shores of Hudson Bay. These simple cabins are surrounded by an electric fence, offering a comfortable and safe home in the heart of polar bear country. Allowing for a maximum of eight guests, with four guest cabins featuring en suite washrooms with heated showers, and a central dining/lounge cabin, the Polar Bear Cabins create a private and intimate polar bear viewing experience.
Features • Ensuite bathrooms with private, heated showers • Non-obtrusive electric fence surrounding the complex • Power provided by onsite generators
• Services of Inuit guides and expedition staff • Airport transfers in Churchill • Private aircraft charter from Churchill to the Polar Bear Cabins • 5 Nights in Polar Bear Cabins • 2 nights in a Winnipeg airport hotel • All meals while at the Polar Bear Cabins, plus hot drinks and snacks available 24 hours, daily • 2020 Return flights Winnipeg to Churchill
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Oct 12, 17, 22, 27
Nov 1, 6, 11
Oct 12, 17, 22, 27
Booking conditions • Maximum 8 people
• A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required prior to booking.
• Full payment is due 150 days prior to departure. Single Traveler
• If you are a single traveler who requests at time of booking to share accommodations with a fellow traveler of the same gender, we will try to match you. If no match becomes available, a single supplement will not be charged.
• Single accommodation may not always be available on all trips and is not guaranteed.
• Maximum 8 people • A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required prior to booking. • Full payment is due 150 days prior to departure.
Single Traveler • If you are a single traveler who requests at time of booking to share accommodations with a fellow traveler of the same gender, we will try to match you. If no match becomes available, a single supplement will not be charged. • Single accommodation may not always be available on all trips and is not guaranteed.
Not included • 2019 Return flights Winnipeg > Churchill
• Fuel surcharges
• Pre/post tour accommodation Winnipeg
• Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
• Travel, medical and evacuation insurance coverage
• Additional costs associated with weather/flight delays and/or layovers including flight changes, additional hotels and meals
• 2019 Return flights Winnipeg > Churchill • Fuel surcharges • Pre/post tour accommodation Winnipeg • Tips, gratuities, personal expenses • Travel, medical and evacuation insurance coverage • Additional costs associated with weather/flight delays and/or layovers including flight changes, additional hotels and meals