Spring Polar bears & Icebergs of Baffin
• Experience the true Arctic in early spring - above the tree line and the Arctic Circle. • Stay in our Arctic Safari Camp, set on approximately 2.0 meters (6 feet) of solid ice. • Capture unique and stunning photographs of polar bears as the lounge on the sea ice and climb icebergs. • Chance to view and photograph polar bears and cubs, possibly including yearlings and new cubs. • Journey by snowmobile and qamutik across the ice with seasoned Inuit guides. • Enjoy tea made of melt-water from icebergs thousands of years old. • Take in stunningly vast landscapes and panoramic views of soaring icebergs and mountains.
The most incredible spot in the world to view polar bears amidst the icebergs on Baffin Island, Nunavut.
This epic photo safari brings you into the heart of the high eastern Arctic in early spring, where travellers seldom go. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and soaring icebergs, view polar bears close-up in undisturbed splendor as they venture on to the sea ice and climb majestic icebergs.
Experience the true high Arctic out on the exposed ice, taking in the vast landscapes and sheer magnitude of icebergs and mountains at every turn. Spend your days travelling across the sea ice with local Inuit guides, by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled pulled by snowmobiles) as you explore the wilderness in search of polar bears.
Every day provides unparalleled opportunities for adventure and remarkable photography before you return to the warm and comfortable Arctic Safari Camp on ice. Capture memories of a lifetime with possible sightings of mother and cubs, and enjoy the beauty of the Northern Lights in the evening. Be one of a special few to experience the raw beauty of this region, and its unique wildlife sightings, in early spring.
This safari is perfect for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for rare wildlife photography opportunities, and an authentic Arctic adventure.
Our Spring Polar Bears and Icebergs of Baffin Photo Safari is the perfect adventure for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for unique wildlife and landscape photography opportunities, and an authentic Arctic experience.
Day 1: Ottawa > Iqaluit (D) Depart Ottawa International Airport for Iqaluit. Transfer to local hotel for a hot dinner.
Day 2: Iqaluit > Qikiqtarjuaq (B,L,D) Transfer to the Iqaluit airport for your early morning flight to Qikiqtarjuaq. Upon arrival, travel to camp by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled).
Day 3 - Day 7: Qikiqtarjuaq (B,L,D) Enjoy full-day explorations of the majestic High Arctic wilderness by snowmobile and qamutik, as Inuit guides use traditional expertise to locate and help you safely view polar bears, close-up. Weather and snow conditions determine the exact route. Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet comfort food dinners at camp. Schedules are determined by wildlife and our guests. Enjoy the Northern Lights and great company at night.
Day 8: Qikiqtarjuaq (B,L,D) After a hot breakfast, spend the morning capturing a few more memories and photographs. Transfer to Qikiqtarjuaq for a last nights' stay at the local hotel.
Day 9: Qikiqtarjuaq > Ottawa (B) Fly from Qikiqtarjuaq to Ottawa.
Please note: This itinerary is intended to be representative only as weather and wildlife conditions play a large role in dictating our daily movements and activities. It is important to have a spirit of flexibility when travelling to any Arctic location
Accommodation - Tented Safari Camp on Ice Our camps are inspired by polar expeditions, and African style mobile tented safaris. Pioneers of the Arctic Safari, we have weaved together traditional and modern technology to provide the best, authentic Arctic experience.
While they may appear like a tented camp from the outside, our Tented Safari Camp continually surprises and delights all guests with its roomy and warm, heated interior.
The sleep tents are large and spacious at just over 2m (6'9") tall and an interior of 8m2 (90 sq. feet), they include a large entrance vestibule, ample standing room and space for all your cameras and luggage. All sleep tents contain two beds with mattresses, sleeping bags with personal liners and full size pillows.
The insulated walls acts as a greenhouse capturing the warmth of the sun, keeping you warm on even the coolest days. The tents are heated to keep you warm and comfortable at the end of a day out on the ice.
The Tented Safari Camp is set up on a minimum of 2.0 meters (6 feet) of solid ice.
• Round-trip flight from Ottawa to Qikiqtarjuaq • Services of Inuit Guides and Expedition Staff • 6 nights' accommodation in Tented Safari Camp • 2 night hotel accommodation • Airport/Hotel transfers in Qikiqtarjuaq and Iqaluit • All transportation for duration of stay in camp • All meals at camp and Qikiqtarjuaq - 8 Breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners • Hot drinks and snacks available 24 hours, daily
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Mar 24, 31
Apr 8, 15
Mar 24, 31
Booking conditions • Group size 10 people
• A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required prior to booking.
• Full payment is due 150 days prior to departure. Single Traveler
• If you are a single traveler who requests at time of booking to share accommodations with a fellow traveler of the same gender, we will try to match you. If no match becomes available, a single supplement will not be charged.
• Single accommodation may not always be available on all trips and is not guaranteed.
• Group size 10 people • A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required prior to booking. • Full payment is due 150 days prior to departure.
Single Traveler • If you are a single traveler who requests at time of booking to share accommodations with a fellow traveler of the same gender, we will try to match you. If no match becomes available, a single supplement will not be charged. • Single accommodation may not always be available on all trips and is not guaranteed.
Not included • Pre/post tour accommodation Ottawa
• Personal Expenses
• Travel, medical and evacuation insurance coverage
• Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Qikiqtarjuaq, Iqaluit or Ottawa
• Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
• Pre/post tour accommodation Ottawa • Tips/Gratuities • Personal Expenses • Travel, medical and evacuation insurance coverage • Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Qikiqtarjuaq, Iqaluit or Ottawa • Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged