Bear Track Inn - Glacier Bay
Visit Alaska's true Jewel. Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve commands a glacier-crowned, maritime wilderness, encircling a magnificent saltwater bay with 16 tidewater glaciers and 30 alpine glaciers! A mountain-guarded, maritime sanctuary, Glacier Bay National Park is the coastal flank of the largest internationally protected area on earth.
Located on the tranquil shores of Gustavus in Glacier Bay National Park. The deluxe lodge provides exquisite accommodations, scrumptious meals as well as true Alaskan ambience and hospitality. Magnificent handcrafted log construction with only 14 rooms. The lobby with its huge circular fireplace is the focal point of the lodge - stretching 9m from floor to ceiling - and offers inspiring views of streams, wildlife, mountains, forests, meadows, and of Icy Strait. Wilderness abounds from windows throughout the lodge.
Juneau > Glacier Bay(D) Fly from Juneau to Glacier Bay and transfer to the Lodge. Afternoon/evening free for optional activities such as free national park talks, sea kayaking, biking or salt water fishing. Enjoy tonight a 4-course gourmet dinner at the lodge, later bask in front of a walk-around fireplace. There are overstuffed suede couches, handmade tables, hand-crafted chandeliers and lighting fixtures, including two moose antler chandeliers. Everything has been hand picked to compliment the building.
Overnight at: Bear Track Inn
Day 2: Glacier Bay (B, L, D) Glacier Bay Cruise to the face of the calving Margerie and Grand Pacific Glaciers, rising 76 m above the waterline and stretching another 30 m below the water. Several whale species feed extensively in the bay, including the endangered Humpback whales and the threatened Steller Sea Lion. Thousands of harbour seals breed and nurture their pups. Minke and Killer whales as well as harbour and Dall's porpoises feed in the Park's productive, near-shore waters. Sea otters are colonizing the bay. After the cruise transfer back to the lodge.
Overnight at: Bear Track Inn
Day 3: Glacier Bay > Juneau (B, L) Today cruise aboard the 45"² M/V TAZ, into Alaska's most famous whale feeding grounds - Icy Strait and Point Adolphus. Their unique feeding techniques, acrobatics, and vocalizations make every tour unique. Observe Humpback whales, plus other marine mammals, including Minke and Orca, Steller sea lions, sea otters, Dall and Harbour porpoises. We also observe Bald Eagles, Puffins, a variety of sea birds, and occasionally an Alaskan Brown Bear can be seen strolling on the beach. After the cruise transfer back to the airport for your return flight.
• Round trip flight Juneau > Gustavus • Return transfers in Gustavus from the airport to the lodge • Return transfers in Gustavus from the Glacier Bay & Whale Watch Cruise to the lodge • Accommodation for 2 nights • 2 dinners, 2 lunches & 2 breakfasts • Glacier Bay National Park cruise with lunch (8 hours) • Whale Watching Cruise (3 Â½ hours) • Taxes and park fees
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs 2019 Departure
28 May - 31 Aug
2019 Departure Daily 28 May - 31 Aug
Booking conditions • Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 Kg per passenger
• Copy of passport required at time of booking
• 50% non-refundable deposit due prior to booking
• Full payment required 100 days prior to departure
• Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 Kg per passenger • Copy of passport required at time of booking • 50% non-refundable deposit due prior to booking • Full payment required 100 days prior to departure
Not included • Gratuities
• Activities other than specified
• Meals other than specified
• Gratuities • Activities other than specified • Meals other than specified