Clayoquot Wilderness Resort
Experience "luxury gone wild" at Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, a Relais & Chateaux all-inclusive eco-safari-style resort destination located near Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Accessible only by seaplane, helicopter or boat and situated in a UNESCO-designated protected Biosphere Reserve, guests enjoy a truly remote, refined and remarkable wilderness retreat amidst one of the last remaining ancient temperate rainforests in the world.
Clayoquot features 25 white canvas prospector-style tents, each richly appointed with luxurious comforts including cast iron stoves, ensuite bathrooms with heated floors, private outdoor showers, antique furnishings and luxurious linens.
Guests enjoy artfully prepared coastal gourmet cuisine, restorative spa and wellness experiences as well as an impressive menu of marine and land-based adventures. Truly an escape to the heart of the wild, in the lap of luxury.
Canadian Signature Experience The Canadian Signature Experiences are once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. They are offered by Canadians who are passionate to share their part of the country with you.
Day 1: Vancouver > Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Depart Vancouver mid afternoon by float-plane for a thrilling 55 minute sea-plane flight across Strathcona Provincial park to a very special retreat - the Outpost at Bedwell River (known as Clayoquot Wilderness Resort).
Upon arrival you will be shown to your luxurious and spacious safari style tented accommodation. These luxury tents have an en-suite bathroom with flush lavatory and shower. By design there is no in-room television or telephone, but the resort's wireless and high-speed satellite internet and cellular phone systems keep guests in touch. The excellence of the meals is hard to describe, except to say that all meals, which feature only local produce and natural ingredients, are memorable in their own right.
During the evening you will have a chance for an in depth conversation with your hosts about just what activities, adventures and spa treatments you would like to experience during your stay. This is an absolutely personalized service where you write your own agenda with expert guides and tuition on hand, whether you wish to go trail riding on horses, mountain biking in the wilderness, kayaking, bear and whale watching, fly or deep sea fishing or even snorkeling with the salmon.
Days 2 - 3: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve is a fragile and breathtaking temperate rain forest surrounded by calming rivers and wild coastal beaches
The resort spa provides a variety of relaxing services, including hot stone massages and outdoor hot tubs that overlook the pristine wilderness.
Daily wilderness activities are highly personalized and customized based on each guest's experience level, willingness and desires. This means no "signing up" for particular activities in advance and the ability to choose what you want to do each day. Every evening the Activities Directors will sit with you personally and design your adventures for the next day, depending on weather, tidal charts, wildlife sightings and your willingness to go wild! As Clayoquot specializes in remote experiences, guests may choose to be taken to a pristine and secluded beach to learn how to surf, have a First Nations guide escort them on a day long hike to the "Wild Side" interpretive trail and Flores Island, be taken on a mountain fed, rushing river in a kayak, or experience a gentler ocean kayak cruise to private inlets and hidden coves.
Horsemanship and riding are signatures of the resort, with a range of talented horses for the beginner to the expert rider. You can also go clay pigeon or target shooting. Wildlife viewing is also part of daily life, whether guests go in search of black bears and whales or see the wildlife on the outskirts of camp, kept there by a team of well trained and well loved dogs.
Day 4: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort > Vancouver After another full day at the Resort it is time to say good-bye with a late-afternoon departure flight by float plane back to Vancouver.
Wilderness Factor Sometimes, due to weather, floatplane schedules are changed or amended by the operator to suit inclement weather, or include a ground transfer component. Such changes and delays are beyond our control and while our suppliers and their floatplane partners do their best to adhere to plans, sometimes, for the safety of passengers, scheduled flights are cancelled or delayed until such time as pilots receive the all-clear to take off from Vancouver International Airport or Vancouver South Terminal to fly direct to the resorts, or other destination to be supplemented by ground and/or boat transfer. No refunds will be applicable when alternate arrangements are made.
• Return floatplane transfer from Vancouver to Clayoquot • Deluxe or Ensuite Tent Accommodations • Evening turndown service and room amenities • All gourmet meals and snacks • All beverages (house bar, wine and beer) • Guided activities include: kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife viewing (whales, eagles, bears), canopy viewing platform, archery, rappelling & rock climbing, Wild Side First Nations Interpretive Trail trek, surfing, paintball, stand-up paddle boarding, yoga classes, fresh water fishing and fly casting, meditation, canoeing, trail running, and wilderness survival skills workshops. • Saunas, hot tubs and cold plunge, fitness room • Gratuities • 1 x One hour Massage
• 3 nights deluxe or en suite Luxury Tent accommodation • Evening turn down service and room amenities • All gourmet meals and snacks • All beverages (house bar, wine and beer) • Guided and unguided activities include: kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife viewing (whales, eagles, bears), canopy viewing platform, archery & rock climbing, Wild Side First Nations Interpretive Trail trek, surfing, paintball, stand-up paddle boarding, yoga classes, fitness room, salt and fresh water fishing, meditation, canoeing, trail running, and wilderness survival skills workshops. • Gratuities • 1/2 Day Salt and Fresh Water Fishing (minimum 2 guests per boat) • 1 hour massage
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs 2020 Departures
21 May - 17 Sep
2020 Departures Thursday 21 May - 17 Sep
Booking conditions • A 50% non-refundable deposit required prior to booking
• Full payment required 100 days prior to departure
• Baggage allowance is 18 kilos per person for float plane
• A 50% non-refundable deposit required prior to booking • Full payment required 100 days prior to departure • Baggage allowance is 18 kilos per person for float plane
Not included • Fuel surcharges
• Fuel surcharges