Luxury Lodges of the West Coast
Explore the West Coast in style as you hop from luxury lodge to luxury lodge! Begin with a helicopter or floatplane ride to Sonora Resort. Relax in a stunning setting with towering trees, postcard views and the background music of waves lapping the shoreline. Spend one day on a breathtaking outdoor adventure of your choice including a guided eco boat tour, grizzly bears tour, kayaking, rafting, hiking the coastal rainforest or try heli-hiking.
Then fly by floatplane to Clayoquot Wilderness Resort. The resort is made up of 20 white canvas tents, complete with massage, dining, lounge, and guest tents in the dense bush of one of the world's few remaining temperate rainforests. Guests stay in elegant safari-style tents decorated with antiques, king-size beds, remote-controlled propane wood stoves, and ensuite bathrooms. Gourmet meals feature locally caught wild salmon and scallops, and produce from the on-site organic garden.
Daily wilderness trips, including horseback riding, kayaking, whale watching, hiking, and fishing, allow you to create an itinerary on the spot!
Day 1: Vancouver to Sonora Resort Your luxury lodge-hopping starts with a helicopter ride or float plane to Sonora Resort on beautiful Sonora Island. The island is an absolute jewel amidst the wild beauty and pristine waters of British Columbia's West Coast. After your arrival, get settled and explore the resort before you enjoy a delicious Pacific Northwestern gourmet dinner.
Day 2 & 3: Sonora Resort Sonora Resort is not only a Relais & Chateaux luxury resort, with its stunning setting among towering trees, postcard views and the background music of waves lapping the shoreline, it also allows you to reconnect with nature. Take a guided eco boat tour, see grizzly bears, kayak, go rafting, hike the coastal rainforest or try heli-hiking. Fishing is one of the key experiences at the resort, with heli-fly-fishing, river fly-fishing and salmon fishing available. You'll experience five star accommodations, an extraordinary level of attention and service, and breathtaking outdoor adventures. At the end of the day why not have your catch prepared the way you like it!
Day 4: Sonora Resort to Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Your stay at Sonora Resort ends when you depart on your privately chartered floatplane for your scenic 30 minute flight over Vancouver Island to Clayoquot Wilderness Resort on Bedwell River. The 28 ultra luxurious sleeping, dining, lounge and massage tents, appointed with all the luxurious amenities you can wish for, await for an extraordinary wilderness experience. In the evening, after you have moved in and explored the resort, your hosts sit with you to design your personal adventure for the next day. This means no "signing up" for particular activities in advance, you can decide what you would like to do each day.
Days 5 - 7: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Your outdoor adventure continues! Let yourself be swept away by ancient forests with 1,000 year old cedars, miles of walking and riding trails, pristine lakes, a majestic coastline, a breathtaking river estuary and abundant wildlife including whales and black bears. As the resort specializes in remote wilderness experiences, you may choose to be taken to a secluded beach to learn to surf, have a First Nations guide escort you on a day-long hike on the "Wild Side" interpretive trail and Flores Island, or kayak rushing rivers and private inlets. The resort's signature experience is horsemanship with horses available for beginner to expert riders.
Day 8: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort to Vancouver It's time to say good-bye to British Columbia's coastal wilderness and take the floatplane or helicopter back to Vancouver.
• Helicopter or floatplane transfer from South Vancouver Airport to Sonora Resort • 3 nights accommodation at Sonora Resort (Gold Room) "“ Gourmet meals - 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners "“ Complimentary wireless Internet (on property) "“ All beverages (liquor, house wine, domestic beer, pop, juices and water) including complimentary bar fridges in each room "“ Use of all amenities at the resort - including outdoor heated pool, hot tubs, steam rooms, tennis court, games room with billiards, shuffle board, foosball, virtual golf games, state of the art movie theatre "“ Unlimited worldwide phone calls • Full access to the stocked rainbow fly-fishing pond with all equipment • Floatplane transfer Sonora Resort to Clayoquot Wilderness Resort • Clayoquot Wilderness Resort 4 nights luxury waterfront ensuite tent "“ Gourmet meals, snacks and beverages (including house bar, wine, beer) "“ Spa Treatment (one hour) "“ Guided and unguided activities include: hiking, kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife viewing (whales, eagles, bears), canopy viewing platform, archery & rock climbing, Wild Side First Nations Interpretive Trail trek, surfing, paintball, stand-up paddleboarding, yoga classes, fitness room, salt and fresh water fishing, meditation, canoeing, trail running, and wilderness survival skills workshops.
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Sep 6, 13
Booking conditions • 50% deposit required at time of booking
• Full payment required 90 days prior to departure
• Please enquire for Child pricing. Sonora optional activities are priced per person (except for fishing which is per boat).
• 50% deposit required at time of booking • Full payment required 90 days prior to departure • Please enquire for Child pricing.
Sonora optional activities are priced per person (except for fishing which is per boat).
Not included • Activities other than specified
• Meals other than specified
• Transfer to/from Vancouver Airport to hotel
• Activities other than specified • Meals other than specified • Transfer to/from Vancouver Airport to hotel • Gratuities
Gratuity • Suggested gratuities of CAD$45 per day per guest for Sonora Resort staff, and CAD$40 per guest for fishing guides is not included.
• Clayoquot gratuities at your discretion.
• Suggested gratuities of CAD$45 per day per guest for Sonora Resort staff, and CAD$40 per guest for fishing guides is not included. • Clayoquot gratuities at your discretion.