Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort
Welcome to this private and exclusive Canadian guest ranch and family owned working ranch ~ an intimate adventure hideaway in the heart of British Columbia's cowboy country for horseback riding for a maximum of 32 guests.
• 4 Day & 7 Day options are available at Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for further details
Day 1: Vancouver > Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort Depart Vancouver by scheduled airline to Williams Lake and transfer to the Ranch. Welcome to a private and exclusive Canadian guest ranch and family owned working ranch ~ an intimate adventure hideaway in the heart of British Columbia's cowboy country for horseback riding for a maximum of 32 guests.
Days 2-4: Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort The ranch is surrounded by 80,000 acres of pristine British Columbia wilderness, wildlife thrives here among our natural grasslands, forests, lakes, and rivers. This remarkable, eco-friendly setting provides a refreshing oasis of wilderness solitude, filled with enriching moments for adventurous people who seek the finer things in life. Riding horses is the highlight of a ranch holiday and the ranch has a well-loved and responsive herd available to suit your experience, whether you're trying horseback riding for the first time or are a seasoned horseman or woman. You will be treated to your own horse for the duration of your stay, with extra care taken in giving you a mount that matches your abilities and personality.
Spend the first day, one-on-one with the ranch owners and hosts, learning the lay of the land and natural western horsemanship. Wilderness tips will be on the agenda, too. After this orientation process, and a few fabulous discovery rides continue riding as little or as much as you like for the rest of your stay - on miles of trails that meander out from the ranch through 80,000 acres of pristine range land.
Day 5: Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort >Vancouver It's time to say good-bye to British Columbia's interior with a transfer to Williams Lake and scheduled flight back to Vancouver.
• Return scheduled flights Vancouver > Williams Lake • Private round trip ground transportation from Williams Lake Airport to Siwash Lake Wilderness resort. • Luxury accommodation (Choose from 2 categories: Ranch House Suites, Cariboo Loft Suite based on request and availability at time of booking. • Siwash Star Camp accommodation (swap out 1 night of your luxury accommodation) • All meals (fine dining with set menu): breakfast, lunch and 3-course dinner; morning coffee service to room; snacks; picnics; hors d'ouevres and beverages (premium wine, beer and spirits). • Activities with private guide (not available on arrival & departure days, but a wide array of self-guided activities are available). • Activities include: Award winning horse programme, fly- fishing (2-8 lb. trout on-site), hiking, skeet shooting (12 gauge shotguns), target shooting (.22 rifles), archery, wilderness survival, kayaking, outdoor yoga organic garden & foraging tours. • Horse programme includes: Daily guided horseback riding with your own horse assigned for duration of stay, for all experience levels with duration and intensity of rides in accordance with guest's wishes.
Please note: The Siwash Star Camp is set on a high ridge with panoramic views over Siwash Lake and Marble Mountain. This is a private glamping experience accommodation which includes one king bed, pullout love seat (second adjacent tent with twin beds available for children), wood burning stove, cedar soaking hot tub, campfire pit, private outhouse with 3-piece bathroom located close by and solar lighting. This area is in a dark sky reserve, with a star-gazing platform and a telescope. Your private camp host will tend to all your needs and teach you how to navigate the night skies. Guests will not be able to pre-book the night they would like to stay at the Star Camp. This night will be chosen by the staff upon arrival, based on availability.
Resort will supply • All weather gear • Riding boots • Riding hat (not compulsory to wear) • Sun screen • Bug repellent
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs 2019 Departures
25 Jun - 3 Sep
2019 Departures Tuesday 25 Jun - 3 Sep
Booking conditions • A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking
• Up to 2 children (18 - 6 years) are free of charge Rates for additional children are available on request
• Children 5 years and under are free of charge .
• Children 5 years and under must be accompanied by parents at all times
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking • Up to 2 children (18 - 6 years) are free of charge Rates for additional children are available on request • Children 5 years and under are free of charge . • Children 5 years and under must be accompanied by parents at all times
Not included • Spa Services
• Reserve Wines
• Fuel surcharge will be added at the time of booking and is subject to change
• Spa Services • Reserve Wines • Gratuities • Fuel surcharge will be added at the time of booking and is subject to change