Wildlife Retreat at Nimmo Bay
Located at the base of Mt. Stevens, in the middle of the Great Bear Rain forest, Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort exists at a different vibration than the rest of the world. Accessible only by helicopter or float plane, Nimmo Bay offers something for everyone. The Wilderness and Wildlife Retreat package focuses on land and water based adventures in and around the resort. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, Great Bear Rain forest hiking, whale watching, grizzly bear watching, marine life tours and so much more.
This personalized adventure is for anyone who would like to enjoy the magic of Nimmo Bay Resort and all of its spectacular amenities whether it be adventuring along the BC coast or relaxing in the comforts of your personal inter tidal chalet.
This adventure is ideal for those looking to relax and enjoy the magic of Nimmo Bay Resort and all of its spectacular amenities, whether it be adventuring along the BC coast or relaxing in the comforts of your personal inter tidal chalet.
You will be taken on guided wilderness adventures by the Nimmo Bay experienced staff. Go searching for Orca and Humpback whales while learning about breaching, rubbing rocks and the different pod names. Understand the wherefore and why of these magnificent creatures as you spend time with them in their backyard pool.
Spend the day on remote islands and beaches and search out Japanese glass fishing floats, explore tidal pools or take a swim. If all of this is not enough, ocean-kayak on the quiet mainland fjords of the Inside Passage. Watch eagles, stellar sea lions, seals, blue herons and otters. Glide quietly over starfish, crab and sea urchin as the tranquility of the moment overwhelms you.
Explore the old growth forests and wild raincoast. Touch forests of cedar, hemlock, spruce and pine as you glide seaward on this glacial melt, home to thousands of pacific salmon, trout, otter, aquatic birds and bears.
Or you may choose to relax around the resort, enjoying the peace and tranquility that only Nimmo Bay offers.
Day 1: Vancouver > Nimmo Bay Resort(D) Depart Vancouver for Port Hardy on a Pacific Coastal Airlines flight. On arrival, helicopters will meet you and transfer you to Nimmo Bay resort. This luxurious resort is located in the middle of the Great Bear Rainforest in British Columbia.
Days 2-3: Nimmo Bay Resort (B,L,D) Enjoy full days (10am - 5pm) of adventure activities (included). Choose from yoga classes, kayaking, boating, paddle boarding, hiking, snorkeling, whale watching, bear watching and more.
Day 4: Nimmo Bay Resort > Vancouver (B,L) Enjoy another full day of adventure activities (included). Transfer by helicopter back to Port Hardy airport before an evening flight back to Vancouver.
• Return airfare from Vancouver to Port Hardy • Float plane transfer from Port Port Hardy • Private chalet accommodation • Gourmet cuisine with special requests available • Waterfall hot tubs & outdoor hot rain shower • Assorted alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages • Adventure gear • Wireless internet (complimentary) and satellite phone service (on request) • Use of hot tubs, gym, and resort amenities • Use of games room including: pool table, self serve mini-bar, satellite television and stargazer viewing system • Laundry service (if required)
Guilded activities include • Yoga classes • Kayaking • Boat tours • Standard up paddle boarding • Hiking • Paintball • Rock repelling • Snorkeling • Whale watching • Bear watching • Waterfall tours • Cultural experiences • Beach combing • Old growth forest walks • Lake swimming • Gratuities
The resort will supply • All weather gear, life vests, hiking boots, kayak and rafting shells, fishing waders and boots, spin and fly fishing gear, wool socks and insect repellent.
Pricing (per person) $NZD
6 May - 14 Oct
2019 Departs Monday 6 May - 14 Oct
Booking conditions • A 50% deposit required prior to booking
• Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for Triple and Quad rates. The resort supplies many items you need. Please pack as little as possible (approximately 15.8 Kilos) per person. No square suitcases please. Bags should be no longer than 91 cm in any direction.
• A 50% deposit required prior to booking • Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for Triple and Quad rates.
The resort supplies many items you need. Please pack as little as possible (approximately 15.8 Kilos) per person. No square suitcases please. Bags should be no longer than 91 cm in any direction.
Not included • Spa Service
• Premium Alcohol
• Fishing license
• Heli Adventure Activities
• Fuel surcharge
• Spa Service • Premium Alcohol • Fishing license • Heli Adventure Activities • Fuel surcharge