Alaska Unique Lodge Experience
A truly memorable Alaskan experience that includes bear viewing, glacier trekking, fishing, hiking and paddling - not to mention excellent cuisine and plenty of time for dips in the hot tub - at both of the Alaska backcountry lodges.
Renowned for their remote setting amid Alaska's immense wilderness, this combination of two Alaskan wilderness lodges offer intimate hospitality, great food, comfortable rooms and expert guides.
Winterlake Lodge offers seclusion, relaxation, luxury and spectacular scenery. Located along Alaska's historic Iditarod Trial, this Alaska wilderness lodge features amazing cuisine, culinary classes and many "Within the Wild" Alaska adventures.
Tutka Bay Lodge sits amidst rugged coastlines, deep fjords, dramatic mountains, quiet beaches, and old growth Sitka spruce forests. Situated on a ten acre property with a main lodge, six private guest accommodations, a sauna, hot tub, and boat house - all connected by a boardwalk, it is the perfect place for an exclusive Alaska experience.
Day 1: Anchorage > Winterlake Lodge (Float plane) (L,D) Transfer from your hotel to Lake Hood, the world's largest float plane lake. Board your float plane for a scenic 50-minute flight to Winterlake Lodge. The flight takes you north and west "“ within views of Mt. Denali. Land on Finger Lake, the location of an Iditarod checkpoint and check in to your cabin.
Join your hosts at the main Lodge for a brief orientation to the activities and facilities at the lodge, then plan your days with your guides. Options include: guided narrated walks, hiking, canoeing and kayaking; watching wild birds; berry picking; cooking classes (offered daily); wine and cheese tastings; yoga and stretch classes, massage, soaking in the hut tub or swimming in the lake, sauna, paddle boards, and fat tire bikes
Day 2: Winter Lake Lodge (B,L,D) After breakfast meet your helicopter pilot and guide for a day-long adventure outing via our Robinson R-44 helicopter to Canyon Creek for fly fishing or explore the Tordrillo Mountain area for glacier trekking and hiking or meander along the the Happy River to look for bears, eagles, or salmon. After dinner, relax in the hot tub or enjoy the wood fired sauna.
Day 3: Winter Lake Lodge > Tutka Bay Lodge (B,L,D) This morning board a float plane to travel to Tutka Bay Lodge. It's a scenic 70-minute flight along the Kenai coast. Check in with your hosts at the main Lodge for a brief orientation to the activities and facilities at the lodge, and then plan your day with your guide. Guided activities include: Sea kayaking, local sport fishing, beach combing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, birding ad wildlife viewing. Use of sauna and hot tub, morning yoga classes, massage, cooking classes, wine tasting, paddle boards, dock fishing.
Day 4: Tutka Bay Lodge - Bear Viewing or Deep Sea Fishing Excursion (B,L,D) Today you can choose from either a Deep Sea Fishing Excursion in search of saltwater fish such as halibut and salmon or a Bear Viewing Excursion into the famed Katmai area.
Day 5: Tutka Bay Lodge > Anchorage (B) After breakfast, catch the water taxi back to Homer and a flight back to Anchorage.
• 2 nights accommodation at Winterlake Lodge • 2 nights accommodation at Tutka Bay Lodge • Meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 5 • Anchorage transfer from hotel to Lake Hood Float plane Base • Float plane travel to Winterlake Lodge from Anchorage • One helicopter adventure at Winterlake Lodge • Float plane travel to Tutka Bay Lodge from Winterlake Lodge • A choice of either bear viewing (minimum 2 people) or deep sea fishing (minimum 2 people)m heli-flight seeing (minimum 4 passengers) or heli-hiking (minimum 4 passengers) at Tutka bay Lodge • Water taxi to Homer, Alaska from Tutka Bay Lodge • Ground transportation in Homer • Flight from Homer to Anchorage • Massage (two per person), yoga and cooking classes at both lodges • All activities are guided • Staff gratuities
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Daily 1 Jun - 26 Sep
2020 Daily 1 Jun - 26 Sep
Booking conditions • Prices subject to change
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Luggage Limit Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 Kgs per passenger.
• Prices subject to change • A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking.
Luggage Limit Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 Kgs per passenger.
Not included • Premium alcoholic beverages
• Additional helicopter adventures or additional excursions
• Fishing licenses (available for purchase at the lodge)
• Fish processing or packaging (Tutka Bay Lodge only) additional cost
• Premium alcoholic beverages • Additional helicopter adventures or additional excursions • Fishing licenses (available for purchase at the lodge) • Fish processing or packaging (Tutka Bay Lodge only) additional cost