Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort
Glass igloo stay above the Arctic Circle • Hunt for the northern lights • Reindeer sleigh ride • Sami village visit • Husky safari • Snowmobiling
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is located high above the Arctic Circle in northern Finland. Surrounded by stunning scenery, you will stay in your private log cabin with its own sauna and fireplace. One of the highlights of this trip is two nights under the northern lights in a large glass igloo. This is a rustic wilderness experience in the remote forests of northern Finland, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. During your stay, you will go on a husky safari, visit a reindeer farm, go snowmobiling and experience a magical winter evening in search of the northern lights travelling by horse sleigh.
Day 1: Ivalo > Kakslauttanen On arrival at Ivalo airport, transfer to Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort and get acquainted with your private log cabin. Each of these traditional rustic wilderness cabins is equipped with a fireplace, shower/toilet, kitchenette and your own sauna. The cabins are located far enough apart so that each one has its own peaceful outdoor area. Dinner at the hotel tonight.
Day 2: Reindeer Safari After breakfast at the hotel, head out on a reindeer safari. Today you will visit a traditional Sami village and enjoy a reindeer sleigh ride. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 3: Husky Safari After breakfast, get ready for today's husky safari - an unforgettable journey through breathtaking winter scenery. You will be given a lesson on how to drive the sledge and how to observe important hand signals given by your leader. Each team consists of about six dogs, you (the driver), and your passenger - who is comfortably seated in the wooden sledge. The driver and the passenger can change places during the safari.
This afternoon check in to your large glass igloo, which provides a one of a kind opportunity to admire the northern lights and millions of stars in the crystal clear sky while enjoying a comfortable room temperature. Built from a special thermal glass, the temperature inside the igloo always stays at a normal level. This also prevents the glass from not frosting over, so your view stays clear even when the temperature outside drops to under -30 degrees celsius.
After dinner at the hotel, join your aurora hunting tour - a magical night-time ride through wintery forest by horse sleigh.
Day 4: Snowmobile Safari Today enjoy a thrilling ride in the arctic forest. The best way to see the fell landscape in Lapland is by taking off in a snowmobile.
Day 5: Kakslauttanen > Ivalo After breakfast, transfer to Ivalo airport for your onward flight.
• 2 nights' in a traditional log cabin with its own fireplace and sauna • 2 nights' in a large glass igloo • 4 breakfasts and 4 dinners • Return transfer between Ivalo airport and Kakslauttanen • Winter clothing for the entire stay (thermal overalls, boots, warm hat and gloves) • Reindeer safari (2 hours - approx. 40 minutes sledding) • Husky safari (2 hours) • Snowmobile safari (2 hours - approx. 45 minutes snowmobile ride) • Aurora horse sleigh safari (1.5 hours) • 24 hour emergency service • Taxes and service fees
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs Daily 1 Jan - 30 Apr & 1 Nov - 21 Dec
Daily 1 Jan - 30 Apr & 1 Nov - 21 Dec
Booking conditions • Upgrade available to Kelo glass igloo - please enquire for pricing
• Upgrade available to Kelo glass igloo - please enquire for pricing
Not included • Flights
• Meals other than specified or beverages
• Items of a personal nature
• Additional activities, such as ice fishing, horse riding, winter carting, overnight safaris and Santa's resort visit
• Flights • Meals other than specified or beverages • Items of a personal nature • Additional activities, such as ice fishing, horse riding, winter carting, overnight safaris and Santa's resort visit