The Real Amalfi Coast
From lemon terraces to vineyards and alici anchovies, discover the culinary secrets and traditions of the enchanting villages of the Amalfi Coast. Learn how to prepare true Amalfi dishes with freshly-caught fish in Sorrento, try an assortment of authentic local specialties, and taste award winning wines at centuries-old vineyards.
Day 1: Naples > Nerano Transfer from Naples to the relais in Nerano, a small village of the Amalfi coast, opposite the island of Capri. Located a short walk from the sea and the enchanting Gulf of Salerno, the relais provides an oasis of taste and calm in a secluded village which exudes the true atmosphere of the Amalfi Coast. Dinner in the 2 Michelin star restaurant associated with the relais to experience your first taste of Amalfi cuisine.
Day 2: Sorrento This morning you will have your first cooking lesson with your Michelin starred chef in the kitchen of the relais. Your chef will draw on his own experience to reveal the secrets and the art of "la buona cucina". Prepare some typical dishes such as "paccheri" pasta with pullet ragu and monkfish ravioli. Afterwards enjoy a lunch of the dishes you have prepared. In the afternoon you will have a private excursion by car and driver to Sorrento. Time at leisure in Sorrento, with dinner in a typical pizzeria.
Day 3: Cooking Lesson Meet your chef this morning and prepare dishes using fresh-caught fish from the small port: red mullet and "pezzogna" fish parcels with a curly scarola and pine nut salad. Later visit a Sorrento farmhouse to taste local specialties and enjoy a mozzarella demonstration and tasting.
Day 4: Nerano > Positano Transfer to Positano today and check in to your hotel. The afternoon is at leisure to wander and explore independently.
Day 5: Positano & Ravello This morning depart on a private excursion to visit the enchanting Costiera Amalfitana villages of Positano and Ravello. Discover the little known side of the Amalfi Coast, its green heart with centuries old vineyards and lovely villages where time seems to stand still. Visit a special wine estate to taste their award winning Falanghina and Aglianico wines together with farm cheeses and salami.
Day 6: Positano Day at leisure. Perhaps visit charming Capri by public hydrofoil or relax and enjoy the surroundings of your hotel.
Day 7: Positano > Naples Transfer to Naples airport where arrangements conclude.
• Tailor-made journey • 6 nights' accommodation • 2 cooking lessons with a Michelin star chef • Private transfers and excursions as per itinerary by car or minivan and English speaking driver-guide • Guided visit of the farmhouse and mozzarella demonstration • Guided visit of the wine cellar and wine tasting • 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners (including 1 light dinner)
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Booking conditions • Surcharges apply over peak periods
• Based on a minimum of 2 travellers
• Single prices on request
• 5-star hotel options available on request
• Bookings are not available between 1 and 31 August
• Surcharges apply over peak periods • Based on a minimum of 2 travellers • Single prices on request • 5-star hotel options available on request • Bookings are not available between 1 and 31 August