• Kochi • Munnar • Alleppey • Trivandrum • Kovalam
Travel through 'God's own country' to soak up the flavour of quite a different India. Experience the Portuguese history of Kochi, visit the verdant hill stations of Munnar, and cruise the tranquil backwaters of Kerala.
Day 1: Kochi Enjoy a traditional welcome before transferring to your hotel.
Day 2: Kochi A full day of sightseeing in Kochi. Begin with a bicycle ride (or walk) on a heritage tour of Fort Kochi. As you pass the beach, see the iconic Chinese fishing nets before visiting Santa Cruz Cathedral. Stop at Nimmy Paul's residence for a South Indian cooking class followed by lunch. Drive to Mattancherry Palace and visit the oldest existing Jewish Synagogue as well as the spice markets. This evening, enjoy a Kathakali dance show.
Day 3: Kochi > Munnar Drive up into the hill station at Munnar. Enjoy a short afternoon trek into the cardamom and tea plantations.
Day 4: Munnar Visit a tea plantation and tea factory. Meet the local workers and learn the importance of the industry before a tea tasting. Later visit Eravikulam National Park to encounter the Nilgiri Tahr, a rare mountain goat unique to the area.
Day 5: Munnar > Alleppey Drive to Alleppey and join your traditional kettuvallam houseboat. Set sail, relax and unwind as you cruise slowly through the narrow canals and backwaters. Waterside sights include paddy fields, villages, temples and churches.
Day 6: Alleppey > Kovalam Disembark this morning before travelling to Kovalam, where the afternoon is free to relax at the beach.
Day 7: Kovalam > Trivandrum Embark on a sightseeing tour of Trivandrum. Visit the 5,000 year old Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Napier Museum and Sri Chitra Art Gallery. Try special local coffee in a heritage cafe.
Day 8: Trivandrum Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
• Tailor-made journey • 7 nights' accommodation • Transfers by air-conditioned car with driver • English-speaking local guides • Entrance fees • 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs Daily year round
Daily year round
Booking conditions • Accommodation is based on 4 star or best available in the region
• 4-star character hotel option is also available - enquire for pricing and more information
• Surcharges may apply over Christmas, New Year and other holidays
• Accommodation is based on 4 star or best available in the region • 4-star character hotel option is also available - enquire for pricing and more information • Surcharges may apply over Christmas, New Year and other holidays