• Muttrah Souq • Jabrin Castle • Al Hamrah and Misfah • Wahiba Sands • Fins Beach • Salalah
From north to south, Oman has a diverse and exotic culture, extraordinary landscapes, wonderful handicrafts, a colourful history and surprising wildlife. Start with Muttrah Souq in Muscat and travel to the traditional mud houses of Al Hamra and Misfah dating back 400 years. Visit undulating seas of sand at Wahiba Sands, forts, castles, clear fresh water wadis perfect for a refreshing dip and the land of frankincense in Salalah.
Day 1: Muscat Transfer to your hotel on arrival.
Day 2: Muscat Visit the Grand Mosque, Natural History Museum, Quantab, a pristine and beautiful beach, Bait al Zubair Museum and Muttrah Souq.
Day 3: Muscat > Nizwa Visit 17th century Jabrin Castle with its magnificent plasterwork, carved doors and painted wooden beams. Continue to Bahla, famous for its pottery.
Day 4: Nizwa > Jebel Shams > Nizwa Visit Nizwa Fort with its massive circular cannon tower, Nizwa's traditional souq, and the traditional mud houses of Al Hamra and Misfah before travelling to Jebel Shams, known as the Grand Canyon of Oman.
Day 5: Nizwa > Wahiba Visit Wahiba Sands, a vast sea of red and white sand with an ever changing pattern of dunes. Enjoy exciting dune driving and watch the sun set over the desert.
Day 6: Wahiba > Sur Visit the oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid with its clear blue water for a refreshing swim. Continue to Sur known for its dhow shipyard in former times. Also visit the turtle sanctuary of Ras al Jinz where green turtles come ashore to lay their eggs.
Day 7: Sur > Muscat > Salalah Take the fascinating coastal road to Muscat via the Bibi Miriam Mausoleum, the lemon and date plantations of Wadi Tiwi and Fins Beach. Evening flight to Salalah (not included).
Day 8: Salalah Visit Al Balid with its museum and ancient harbour. Stop for photographs at Shanfari Mosque and the Sultan's Palace. Walk through Haffah Souq, famous for frankincense and Dhofari traditional handcrafts.
Day 9: East and West Visit the Dhofar region, Taqa Fort, Bin Ali's tomb, Mughsail Beach Blowholes and the Tomb of the Prophet Ayub (Job).
Day 10: Salalah Transfer to the airport.
• Tailor-made journey • 9 nights' accommodation in selected category (best available in some areas) • Transfers by private vehicle, some days by 4WD • Sightseeing with local English-speaking guides • Entrance fees • 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs Daily, year round
Daily, year round
Booking conditions • 4WD vehicles each hold a maximum of 4 travellers
• Roads may be rough some days and travellers with back or other health conditions should check suitability with World Journeys prior to booking
• Black out dates may apply and peak season supplements will also apply
• 4WD vehicles each hold a maximum of 4 travellers • Roads may be rough some days and travellers with back or other health conditions should check suitability with World Journeys prior to booking • Black out dates may apply and peak season supplements will also apply
Not included • The flight from Muscat to Salalah is not included - please contact World Journeys for details
• The flight from Muscat to Salalah is not included - please contact World Journeys for details