Experience a memorable escorted journey from Fairbanks into Alaska's spectacular mountains and enjoy the best opportunities for viewing wildlife. Venture into Denali National Park in search of moose, caribou, bear and Dall sheep, and perhaps catch a glimpse of Mt. Denali's snowcapped majesty. Finish your journey in historic Anchorage.
Day 1: Fairbanks Upon arrival into Fairbanks, Alaska's Golden Heart City. Transfer via hotel courtesy shuttle to accommodation.
Day 2: Fairbanks (B,D) Today learn how the gold rush affected Alaska's interior on a sightseeing tour with an included visit to the Museum of the North. Time is available for shopping, walking and dining on your own in the downtown area. Cruise on the Chena River aboard a sternwheeler and experience the thrill of river travel. Tonight enjoy an authentic salmon bake.
Day 3: Fairbanks > Denali National Park (B) Travel by motorcoach south to Denali National Park. Enjoy an afternoon of exploring this pristine area at your leisure by either participating in a complimentary park service activity or optional tour (Not included). There are many to choose from including mild or wild river rafting, flight seeing, a jet boat safari on the Nenana River or a visit to an Iditarod champions award winning dog kennel.
Day 4: Denali National Park (B,D) Today travel deep into Denali National Park on the Tundra Wilderness Tour and search the vast wilderness for bear, moose, caribou, and Dall sheep. This six to eight hour journey is narrated allowing for insight into the animals, flora and fauna of this spectacular region including a snack on the bus.
This evening experience Alaska's most unique 'Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre.' Join our heroine Fannie Quigley and an unforgettable cast of characters in this true-to-life Gold Rush tale of adventure in early 1900's Alaska. It's a great mix of colorful storytelling, spirited music and humor, brought to life by talented performers.
Day 5: Denali National Park > Anchorage (B,L,D) Early morning at leisure to explore Denali on your own. Mid morning you will be transferred to the Denali Rail Depot where you will board a deluxe dome railcar for a scenic transfer south to the climbing town of Talkeetna. Watch for a glimpse of Mount Denali or black bear along the banks of the Susitna River. Upon arrival into Talkeetna, board your deluxe motorcoach for a scenic transfer south to Anchorage. Tonight, share stories of your Alaskan Adventure with your fellow travelers at an included closing night dinner.
Day 6: Anchorage (B) Your adventure comes to an end with a hotel courtesy shuttle transfer to the airport.
• Escorted tour with local Alaskan guide & driver • 5 nights' accommodation • Sightseeing in Fairbanks and Anchorage • Sternwheeler Discovery riverboat cruise • Tundra Wilderness tour in Denali • Alaska Railroad train Talkeetna > Anchorage, Deluxe Dome railcar • 6 Breakfasts, 1 Snack, 4 Dinners
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs 2020 Guaranteed Departures
May 17, 24
Jun 7, 21
Jul 5, 19
Aug 2, 16, 30
2020 Guaranteed Departures
May 17, 24
Not included • Meals, other than specified
• Activities, other than specified
• Hotel early check in/late check out
• Fairbanks Salmon Bake not available on 9 September departure
• Meals, other than specified • Activities, other than specified • Gratuities • Hotel early check in/late check out • Fairbanks Salmon Bake not available on 9 September departure
Gratuity • Recommenced gratuities USD 5.00 per person per day for Tour Director
• Recommended gratuities USD 5.00 per person per day for Driver
• Recommenced gratuities USD 5.00 per person per day for Tour Director • Recommended gratuities USD 5.00 per person per day for Driver