• Quito • Otavalo markets • Artisan villages • Avenue of the Volcanoes • Cotopaxi Volcano • Haciendas stays • Galapagos Cruise • Cuenca • Guayaquil
Ecuador is a little gem of South America that will surprise you with its diverse highlights.
This tour will start in Quito and then travel to the province of Imbabura, home of the Otavalo Indians who still preserve their rich culture. Travel through the gorgeous Ecuadorian countryside along some sections of the legendary Inca Royal roads, staying in local haciendas, visiting local communities and markets along the way. A highlight will be riding the famous Devils Nose Railway. Finish with a break from the city life and enjoy a cruise of the Galapagos Islands. From Cuenca, drive to Guayaquil and head out to the Galapagos Islands for your four night cruise to top off this wonderful trip!
Day 1: Quito You will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Quito Private half day tour of Quito old town.
Day 3: Quito > Otavalo Enjoy scenic countryside and and the famous Otavalo Market. Overnight in an historical boutique hacienda near Otavalo.
Day 4: Otavalo > Quito Return to Quito for time at leisure.
Day 5: Quito > Cotopaxi National Park Enjoy a scenic drive along the 'Avenue of the Volcanoes' and overnight in a 300 year old hacienda.
Day 6: Cotopaxi National Park > Banos > Riobamba Visit charming Banos, famous for its thermal baths and admire Chimborazo Volcano.
Day 7: Riobamba > Cuenca Wonderful scenery today and highlights include Indian village visits, the Inca fortress at Ingapirca and riding the famous 'Devil's Nose' switchback railway.
Day 8: Cuenca ~ World Cultural Heritage Site Walk the cobbled streets and soak up the history of this beautiful colonial city.
Day 9: Cuenca > Gualeco > Cuenca Full day tour to the Santa Ana Valley, famous for its handicraft and artisans producing wonderful souvenirs.
Day 10: Cuenca > Guayaquil Today leave the mountains and head for the lush tropical coast.
Day 11: Guayaquil Scenic tour of Guayaquil.
Day 12: Fly Guayaquil > Galapagos Islands Fly to the Galapagos this morning and board M/V Santa Cruz II. Begin your 4 night cruise with all meals and share excursions included.
Days 13 - 15: Galapagos Islands Cruising Enjoy wildlife viewing, swimming/snorkelling, island excursions, walking, and a visit to the Giant Tortoise Interpretation Centre. Wildlife includes giant tortoises, blue footed boobies, sea lions and a variety of marine birds.
Day 16: Galapagos Islands > Guayaquil Disembark this morning and fly back to Guayaquil where you tour concludes.
• Tailor-made journey with English speaking local guides • Personal meet and greet on arrival in Quito • 11 nights' accommodation • 4 nights' on board M/V Santa Cruz II in an Explorer cabin (twin) or Voyager cabin (single) on the Horizon deck • Transfers and transport • Sightseeing and entrance fees • 15 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 10 dinners • Flights: Guayaquil > Galapagos Islands > Guayaquil
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Departs Alternate Thursdays
Booking conditions • A US$100 Galapagos National Park entrance fee is payable directly on arrival in the Galapagos (subject to change)
• Similar itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your arrival date
• Surcharges apply to the Galapagos Cruise during Easter Week and Christmas sailings
• A US$100 Galapagos National Park entrance fee is payable directly on arrival in the Galapagos (subject to change) • Similar itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your arrival date • Surcharges apply to the Galapagos Cruise during Easter Week and Christmas sailings