Tanzania Family Safari
• Serengeti National Park • Ngorongoro Conservation Area
A fabulous itinerary for all the family to enjoy staying in a colonial farmhouse and luxury tents. Combine the two most popular wildlife destinations in Tanzania, the incredible Ngorongoro Crater and the nearly 15,000 square kilometres of the Serengeti, famous for being the southern end of the Great Migration. With specially chosen lodges and camps, you and the children will be captivated and charmed by the African people and expert guides on this family trip.
Day 1: Arusha > Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Karatu After breakfast, drive to Gibb's farm which lies halfway between Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro crater near the Village of Karatu. After lunch spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at Gibb's Farm.
Surrounded by lush tropical flowers and trees, Gibb's Farm overlooks a coffee plantation. The forest of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area starts immediately behind the lodge and terraced gardens afford panoramic views towards the Great Rift Escarpment. Mid-way between Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro Crater, this lovely old colonial farmhouse retains its original character and charm with roaring fires and friendly service.
Day 2: Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Karatu After breakfast, enjoy the activities offered at the farm. You may choose to relax and recharge, explore the diverse natural surroundings or learn more about the local culture and traditions. All meals and overnight at Gibb's Farm.
Day 3: Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Karatu After breakfast drive to Ngorongoro Conservation area with a packed lunch. Ngorongoro crater is the largest intact caldera in the world. Its enduring charm stems from its overwhelming physical beauty and the abundance of wildlife permanently resident of the crater floor. On arrival you will be taken 2000ft down the crater by a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Enjoy your packed lunch at the base of the crater. Leisurely ascend back to the rim of the crater before driving back for dinner and overnight at Gibb's Farm.
January to March Days 4 - 6: Ndutu Conservation Area After breakfast, drive to Ndutu conservation area. This area is an area in the West of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Each New Year starts off with the calving season of up to 800,000 wildebeest and zebra, part of the annual migration. On arrival proceed to the camp with a game drive en route for check-in and lunch. After lunch enjoy an afternoon game drive until sunset. Dinner and overnight at Lemala Ndutu Camp. Perched on the edge of a permanent marsh, Lemala Ndutu is the ultimate amphitheater for the wildebeest migration between December and April. 8 luxury tents and 1 family tent of a very high specification are relocated from the Mara area of Northern Serengeti to this stunning Ndutu site between Dec and mid-April purely to capture the boundless drama that accompanies the migration. The migrating herds of over 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra begin to arrive in December and throughout February and March the calving and rutting season takes place.
Days 5 & 6: Ndutu Conservation Area All day spent in the Ndutu conservation area with morning and afternoon game drives. Meals and overnight at Lemala Ndutu Camp.
April to June & November to December Days 4 - : Serengeti National Park Breakfast at your lodge, then drive to the central Serengeti , the park is undoubtedly the most famous wildlife sanctuary in the world, unequalled for its natural beauty and the greatest concentration of plains game anywhere arrive for lunch at your camp. Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Lemala Ewanjan Camp. Lemala Ewanjan is a deluxe camp with 12 beautiful tents set along the game-rich Seronera Valley in a spectacular location on the western slopes of Makoma Hills in the Central Serengeti, with staggering views of the Serengeti migration, grasslands and sunsets. Major game viewing areas of Central, Southern or Western Serengeti are easily accessible and at the end of the day guests can return to the privacy and solitude of the camp to enjoy great service, food and ambience. The camp offers optional walks for closer encounters with the local flora and fauna. Balloon safaris and Seronera airstrip are also easily accessible and only 30 minutes away.
Days 5 & 6: Serengeti National Park All day spent in the Central Serengeti with morning and afternoon game drives. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Lemala Ewanjan Camp.
July to October Day 4: Serengeti National Park After breakfast, you will be transferred to the local airstrip for your scheduled flight to the northern region of Serengeti National Park. The flight departs at 8.35am and arrives at approximately 10.15am. You will be met on arrival by the camps driver/guide and driven to the camp for check-in and lunch. The Northern region of Serengeti National Park is a vast pristine area of wooded rolling hills interspersed with open grassy patches and large granite outcrops. This region extends north about 55 miles from Seronera in the central Serengeti to the Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya. Most visitors to the Serengeti never see the northern region. It is only rarely visited and remains an unexplored and untouched wilderness packed with stunning landscapes and abundant wildlife. Afternoon shared game drives. Dinner and Overnight at Lemala Kuria Hills Camp.
Lemala Kuria Hills is situated in the Wogakurya Hills, close to the Mara River and within the main corridor of the world-famous wildebeest migration. Large boulders and kopjes form the prominent features of the site and each guest tent has been carefully positioned amongst these to ensure privacy and spectacular vistas of the gentle grassed slopes, open woodland and tree lined watercourses, which all make up the scenic north Serengeti landscape.
Days 5 & 6: Serengeti National Park All day spent in the Northern Serengeti with morning and afternoon shared game drives. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Lemala Kuria Hills Camp.
Day 7: Serengeti National Park > Arusha After breakfast, check out and drive to the local airstrip for your scheduled flight to Arusha (From Ndutu airstrip / Seronera airstrip or Kogatende airstrip. You will be met on arrival at Arusha airport and transferred to an Arusha hotel for lunch. Afterwards drive to Kilimanjaro Airport to connect to your onward flight.
• Arrival and departure airport transfers in Arusha • 3 nights accommodation at Gibb's Farm • All meals at Gibb's Farm, farm based and local cultural activities, wifi • 3 nights tented accommodation at Lemala Ndutu or Lemala Ewanjan or Lemala Kuria Hills Cam or Lemala Ndutu or Lemala Ewanjan • All meals at Lemala properties, house alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, laundry, camping fee • Lemala Kuria Hills includes shared 4x4 game drives, selected house wines and spirits, local beers, soft drinks, juices and water, concession fee (subject to change) laundry, sundowners, return transfers to and from nearest airstrip. • Crater tour at Ngorongoro Conservation Area • All game drives as per itinerary • All park entrance fees • Services of a qualified English Speaking Driver Guide • Transport in 1x7 Seater Private Grumeti Expedition, 4x4 Safari Land cruiser at Ngorongoro Ndutu & Ewanjan Camp, shared 4x4 Land Cruiser vehicle at Kuria Hills Camp • Scheduled flight Seronera > Arusha OR Ndutu > Arusha OR Kogatende > Arusha
Pricing (per person) $NZD
Booking conditions • Prices are based on 2 adults with 2 children under 12 years old sharing a room/tent. Please enquire for other options.
• Gibb's Farm: Excludes US$55 Drinks Supplement: for all non-alcoholic beverages, local beers and spirits and house wines, premium wines and spirits, full day safari activities and selected activities from the farm.
• Elewana Properties: Excludes premium drinks, doctors flying, medical insurance, flights, airport and flight taxes, tips and personal items.
• Prices are based on 2 adults with 2 children under 12 years old sharing a room/tent. Please enquire for other options. • Gibb's Farm: Excludes US$55 Drinks Supplement: for all non-alcoholic beverages, local beers and spirits and house wines, premium wines and spirits, full day safari activities and selected activities from the farm. • Elewana Properties: Excludes premium drinks, doctors flying, medical insurance, flights, airport and flight taxes, tips and personal items.
Not included • All International flights & taxes
• Visas and personal accident insurance
• Tips and personal expenses such as telephone calls
• Excursions not detailed in above program
• All International flights & taxes • Visas and personal accident insurance • Tips and personal expenses such as telephone calls • Excursions not detailed in above program